Sunday, November 4, 2007

HELLO ALL!

As I'm writing this, I just wanna say... PW IS OVER!

yes, after soo many months of hard work, sweat, sleepless nights, stress, its all finally over...

So for this entry, I shall dedicate it as a tribute to PW as I look back at my PW journey

It all started off with:

PRELIMINARY IDEAS
wow this was quite tough to do, especially since I had a good mind to do the second task.. We were given two tasks, either groundbreakers or entertainment.. I remember for the first PI my WHOLE class chose groundbreakers and I was the only one who chose to do a PI on entertainment radio... Well, this kinda caused my downfall as my teacher deemed my topic a little too narrow and asked me to consider choosing groundbreakers.. So in the end I chose to do a PI on Nils Bohlin and his invention of seatbelt.. so guess what? It turned out GREAT and I'm glad to say, after sitting down with our individual PIs, my group chose to embark on my project with Nils Bohlin as our chosen groundbreaker! =)

GPP
This one was pretty easy to do.. My teacher said it was not graded as part of PW, so guess what, we just ANYHOW did this aspect of PW.. hahaha... Not really anyhow la, just we didnt really make too much effort polishing it as we were too busy concentrating on our WR...

WR
Written report, possibly the toughest and most tiring aspect of PW... for this, we had to come up with a proposal for our group project on how to showcase our groundbreaker and on our first attempt, we produced a 20 page proposal... It took 3 drafts, many consultations and LOTS of rectifying jobs later till we bid farewell to WR... It eventually increased to 37 pages! WOW! im actually impressed with our WR though I have no idea how well we did for this aspect of PW.. hehehe... Its pretty impossible to judge, reallY!

EOM
Apart from WR, this has GOT to be the worst and most irritating individual piece of assignment. for this aspect, we had to find a good article and evaluate it in terms of its usefulness, reliability and how it helped us in our project.. I didnt really know what to do for this part and I had to redo mine for a total of 3 times.. I just dont see the point in this... HAHA! especially with a word limit of 600 words!

I&R
This one was another pretty weird section. Its called INSIGHTS AND REFLECTIONS so I was kinda looking forward to it as I loved reflecting and writing down my journey thus far, but it all came crashing down when I found out the maximum number was only 5oo words.. ITS CALLED INSIGHTS AND REFLECTION FOR A REASON, and WE DIDNT GET TO DO THAT! instead we had to like... propose better solutions to what we might have done differently and not too much on what we have learnt.. some I&R that was... This one was pretty pointless too...

OP
WHEE! i loved Op seriously.. it was fun creating the PPT slides and editing them and practicing lotza times as we presented our idea to the accessors.. I THINK ALL OF US DID WELL FOR THIS SECTION... cause, we didnt refer to our cue cards and we engaged the audience well enough.. WHEE! U GUYS ROCK! our skit and videos went well too and although our whole presentation was disrupted by the interference of the smartboard THREE times, we cant be blamed so i hope the accessors didnt penalize us for that! =) Overall, i think we deserve at least a 5 for group effectiveness hehe...

Q AND A
Questions and answer session!! Cant really prepare for this but for this aspect we were asked questions related to our project and based on what we replied, we'll be graded.. HMM! U know, the question they asked me was soo straightforward and there was absolutely NO way to elaborate so i dunno how to bag the highest score for this section with that question. They are: Do you think your target group of 5-10 years old kids will visit your blog, AND will your blog be permenant for showcase? SOO, it was a short and sweet question, as some others got more interesting questions like: Do you feel singaporeans nowadays lack AIDS awareness? with that, I certainly hope they were looking for confidence as we answered our question as I did portray a confident image as I answered my question =) Hope it went well! hehe.. my group did pretty well too!

So with that, in order of which section I enjoyed most to which section I hated most...
1) OP and Q&A!
2) PI
3) WR
4) GPP
5) I&R
6) EOM!

I would like to thank everyone who has made this journey very memorable for me, especially NY034... YINDY RENANDA LINGMING RACHEL YOU GUYS ROCK!

Its pretty weird too now that PW is over, and I must say it will be a memorable event for me in years to come, as I look back on the stressful nights, the fun I had with my classmates watching DVDs, going to the pasar malams and staying up late..

I also would like to thank our PW teacher Ms Lee for pushing us to our limits to make sure we achieve the best! Of course, sometimes I feel really stressed under her as she made me go through countless PW consultations and countless REDOs to make sure my project went well, but now I feel that we only have got her to thank. She did this ALL for us, and yes i really do feel that we all owe it to her that we performed very well for OP! =) I was really touched too when she dropped by each and every single group in 0706 before our OP exam to make a group cheer and cheer us on.. THANKS LOADS MISS LEE!!

So with this, I will have to say that I'll really cherish all the fond memories I had with everyone this year especially during our PW lessons...

Its been a great time with you all, and to PW, goodbye to you and hope we'll cross paths again... NOT! HAHA!

No comments: